REPRESENTING THE RIGHTS AND INTERESTS OF PROPERTY OWNERS AND LAND DEVELOPERS
American land owners have constitutional protections and property rights, but environmental laws and federal and state environmental regulations can impose significant complications for property owners.
We all understand the desire to maintain a safe environment, but various parties do not always agree on how to reach that goal or how to weigh the rights of property owners with competing interests and governmental regulations. Negotiation to reach mutually agreeable environmental solutions is always the best option, but when negotiation fails, litigation may be the only answer. Litigation may be necessary:
- If your property rights are being significantly impacted by new laws on land development
- If your economic interest is or would be seriously affected by compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- If, during the normal course of business, land contamination, water contamination or air pollution have occurred but you and other affected parties are not able to reach agreement on resolution
In such cases, you need the help of an experienced environmental litigation lawyer. At the Law Offices of Kathleen P. Clack, we protect the rights of property owners - individual owners, land developers, businesses, associations and governmental agencies - who are the subject of environmental litigation or seeking redress in court.
The legal team at our firm, headed by environmental litigation attorney Kathleen Clack, represents clients throughout California in state regulatory matters and appeals court cases. Contact our offices in Fresno or the Monterey Peninsula to discuss your options with an experienced California environmental litigation lawyer.
THE RIGHT FIRM FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL LAW DISPUTE
With more than a decade of experience, our firm has the resources to handle complex environmental litigation. One of the major factors of environmental concern for landowners who are changing or adding to their land use is the presence of endangered species. We know how to handle all regulatory and agency-related issues that accompany litigation in these types of cases. We are also familiar with the challenges facing clients involved in disputes over water well rights and shared well usage.
We are prepared to represent clients in lawsuits and regulatory matters for new or old soil contamination, water contamination and air pollution (for contaminants such as oil and chromium) for compliance problems with:
- Local water resources control boards
- Local land development laws
- The CA EPA
- The California Department of Toxic Substances Control
- The Regional Water Quality Control Board of California
- The California Coastal Commission
- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency
- The Endangered Species Act
- The U.S. EPA and the Environmental Protection Act
When you have pursued all paths toward a successful resolution, you may have to pursue environmental litigation in order to protect your property rights. From our San Joaquin Valley area law offices, we are ready to help you come up with a solution. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.